Shipping Container vs. Moving Truck
Which is the Better Option for Your Move?
It’s time. As you prepare for your upcoming move, you likely find yourself looking at the best options to transport your belongings. The following items are a few things to consider when comparing a shipping container to a moving truck:
- The cost to move from one location to the next.
- The capacity of your transportation.
- The time allowed for your usage.
- The security of the transportation method you use.
- Functionality of your transportation method.
- Ease of use.
- SHIPPING CONTAINER SECURITY. Do you need complete security? A container can be locked up and completely sealed which means it is safer from thieves as well as rodent-proof.
- SHIPPING CONTAINER SIZE. Our moving containers are 20ft. At 160 square feet, these containers can fit the contents of most 2-3 bedroom homes and fit in a single parking space!
- DRIVER. No truck rental and return here. We deliver the Simple Box moving container for you and pick it up at your request to move to your new home.
- EASE OF USE. Since our Moving Storage Containers sit at ground level, you can walk your heavy boxes and belongings right in and out of the unit, without trying to balance on a steep ramp several feet in the air.
- TIME TO PACK. Need more time to pack? Since our moving containers can stay at your current location as long as you need it, you save the time and frustration of multiple trips.
- RATES. All rates are based on actual distance traveled from our location. Our rates include the first month’s rent of the 20ft container which allows you to pack at your own pace without worrying about taking an extra day.
- SECURITY. Trucks can be made secure by locking the doors and using a padlock.
- MOVING TRUCK SIZES. The cost of the moving truck is not only dependent upon miles moved but also the size of truck you select.
- DRIVER. You will be the driver which means you will not only be liable for any damages but there is added pressure on your shoulders to get to and from your final destination on time with a truck larger than you have probably driven in your whole life.
- EASE OF USE. Since trucks are on wheels, you will need a ramp to pack your things. Walking up and down the ramp to pack boxes can feel draining after a long day of packing.
- SCHEDULE. You don’t have to wait on someone to deliver when you are ready to get started. If you want to drive to your new location at 2am, you have the freedom to do so.
- TIME TO PACK. You can rent the truck for as long or as short as you want. Just keep in mind that unexpected delays and surprises will add more days to the rental than you originally planned for.
- MOVING TRUCK COST. All rates are based on the number of days used and the miles traveled. This means that you will want to pack and unpack as quickly as possible.
Moving from one place to another is definitely a big project, but if you plan ahead it doesn’t have to be chaotic. Are you ready to get the moving support you need from a company you can count on? Call us today at (855) 855-4269, we are happy to help.