The holidays can be a hard time of year, and it’s heartbreaking to think of even one child hurting this Christmas. This year we are giving back by putting together Boxes of Love for precious babies and children entering foster care.
When and Where?
Between November 25 – December 20 we will be collecting items at our Simple Box locations and other collection locations listed below. Boxes of Love Collection Locations:
- Simple Box Lynden
- Simple Box Burlington
- Dutch Mother’s Restaurant
- Starbucks Lynden
- CPI Plumbing & Heating
- Burlington Chamber of Commerce
- Bellingham Chamber of Commerce
The following lists are items that are most needed for infants, toddlers, kids, and teens.
**Please note that we can only accept new, unused items**
Infants & Toddlers:
- Tops and Bottoms sized NB – 24 months (preferably complete outfits or one pieces)
- Toddler shoes (sizes 5T and 6T)
- Pajamas sized NB – 24 months
- Newborn diapers, Wipes, & Cream
- Johnson and Johnson’s Baby lotion and baby shampoo
- Teethers, Pacifiers, Rattles & Toys
- Target and Carter’s gift cards for bigger items, such as infant thermometers, strollers, etc.
Kids & Teens:
- Books, Board games and small toys
- T-shirts and Sweatshirts of all sizes (complete outfits are preferred)
- Athletic Shoes
- Toothbrush + Toothpaste
- Hair Brush + Accessories
- Store Gift Cards in addition to boxes so that kids and teens have the opportunity to pick out some of their own items
Who Gets the Box?
Each box is overflowing with the basic necessities as well as Books/Toys/etc. that remind each foster child that they are Precious and Loved and Cared for. These tangible items go directly to the child – if they move to a new foster home or back with their family, the entire box goes with them.
Why New Items Only?
For many children in foster care, these are the first brand new items they have ever received. We want to give them the dignity and joy that comes with receiving a brand new item, just for them. We them to know that they are worth it and they deserve it.
What is needed most?
Clothing sets (top & bottom go together) is the biggest current need.
Can I give Gift Cards?
Absolutely! Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. can all be used to purchase specific supplies needed.
Are donations tax deductible?
We can provide a tax-deductible receipt for donations of new items and gift cards. You can also give a monetary donation online at boxesofloveproject.org.
What we do this Christmas will just be the tip of the iceberg as we continue to work with these two groups with a goal of: EVERY FOSTER CHILD LOVED FOR A LIFETIME.
Will you join us?