Storage at Our Location
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I STORE MY BOX AT ONE OF SIMPLE BOX’S LOCATIONS?
- YES, YOU CAN! We have one convenient size available – 8’x20’ NOTE: at this time we do not rent loaded 10’ or 40’ Boxes for self-storage on-site due to space and forklift capacity. We need to be able to move and stack every Box on our property at any time.
DO YOU CHARGE EXTRA FOR ON-SITE STORAGE?
- You pay the regular rental price for the Box, plus an extra monthly fee for this service (plus any applicable delivery fees if moving to/from another location).
WHAT DO I DO IF I WANT TO GET ACCESS TO MY BOX?
- CALL OR TEXT: we just need 48 hours notice and we’ll make sure we get it down for you (we’ll call/text you to let you know that it’s ready).
- You can use this service up to 2 times per month without fee ($25/mo. service charge for additional access).
NOTE: at this time in SALEM and MARYSVILLE we are not able to provide access to Boxes stored on-site, but we can deliver it to another location for you.
CAN I PAY EXTRA TO HAVE IT AT GROUND LEVEL ALWAYS?
- YES! This service is an additional $25/mo. and is based on availability.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I FORGET TO PUT A LOCK ON MY BOX?
- In 20+ years of experience, we have never had a significant issue as long as a padlock has been placed inside the lockbox.
- If we notice a Box without padlock, we’ll try to sell you one.
- Unfortunately we are not able to “Lend” locks to customers.
WHAT KIND OF SECURITY DO YOU HAVE?
- Although they are highly-visible, these locations are not 24/7 monitored or gated yards.
- We do walk the yard weekly and many of our boxes are stacked or parked door-to-door for extra security.
- Although we may have some security camera footage, this is for monitoring our own office and parking area, not monitoring individual units.
- Please use the Lockbox! Our customers never have an issue when they use this convenient security feature.
IS IT A MONTH-TO-MONTH RENTAL OR DO I HAVE TO SIGN A LONG-TERM CONTRACT?
- Container rentals are month-to-month, with a one-month minimum. You can keep the Box as long as you want.
- Your monthly rent starts on the day you get the Box and automatically renews each month on that date.
- To make sure you are not responsible for an additional month of rent, we ask that you give us a 10-day heads up when you plan to vacate the Box.
NOTE: we are not able to pro-rate Monthly rent.
HOW DOES SIMPLE BOX ON-SITE STORAGE COMPARE TO TYPICAL MINI-STORAGE?
- CONVENIENCE: ground-level access, easy to load with full-width cargo doors.
- VALUE: A Simple Box typically provides more space for the money – often 25-50% lower monthly cost than typical mini-storage.
- OPTIONS: have us haul your loaded Box to your new place at any time – so you don’t need to pack/unpack multiple times or rent a moving truck.