KEY FEATURES OF A REEFER CONTAINER
✓ DOORS – seal very tight to prevent air leaks
✓ WALLS – sheeted with stainless steel
✓ INSULATION – 4″ thick (R-value = 28+)
✓ FLOORS – Raised T-grid flooring for air flow
✓ CONDITION – All non-working reefers are considered in “as-is” condition, (reefer unit does not work and may even be missing)
✓ AVAILABILITY – fluctuates seasonally
WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF A 40 FOOT REFRIGERATED CONTAINER?
- EXTERIOR WIDTH: 8′
- EXTERIOR HEIGHT: 9′-6″
- EXTERIOR LENGTH: 40′
- DOOR OPENING WIDTH: 7′-7″
- DOOR OPENING HEIGHT: 8′-4″
- EMPTY WEIGHT: 8,600lbs
Click here for a full list of Shipping Container Dimensions and Features
WHAT WOULD SOMEONE USE THIS CONTAINER FOR?
- This container is Ideal for Farm Produce, flower and bulb storage to avoid extremely hot or cold weather, or inventory storage for a food-safe and easy to clean environment.
ANY OTHER HELPFUL FEATURES?
- We can install a Lockbox on the Cargo doors of a Reefer Container to prevent your padlock from being tampered with.
- We can also Modify a Container to include other features such as LED Lights, Additional doors, windows, and more.
WHAT DOES AS-IS CONDITION MEAN?
- Simple Box typically only sells New (one-trip) and Cargo-worthy Used Containers, most used Refrigerated Containers are sold As-is. The As-is condition is due to the fact that the Refrigeration unit will typically have many years of use on it already. Although sometimes this unit may be in good working condition, most often the unit is in need of repair or may be completely missing (removed by the Depot or Shipping Line).
PRICEvaries depending on condition and location
- *plus local tax and delivery
- *all prices subject to change