7 Things You Need to Know About
Moving to Arizona
1. Why the Grand Canyon State?
For each individual, the decision to move consists of many factors. Whether it be for a new job, better place to raise a family, growth opportunities, do-over or even retirement, confidence in the final decision comes from reviewing moving to Arizona pros and cons. For those considering moving to the great state of Arizona, the following are a few highlights:
- The cost of living in Arizona is 5% lower than the national average. 1
- Arizona employment opportunities have risen with a pre-pandemic growth rate of 2.7% making Arizona the 3rd among all states in job growth. 2
- Arizona is one of the top 10 states to start a small business due to its tax climate, consumer spending within the state, labor costs and climate. 3
- Sunshine nearly all year long with a dry climate lends to low moisture for improved respiratory benefits. 4
2. Cost and Budgeting.
When you begin exploring which moving options are the right fit for you, a few important things to consider are timing, availability and cost. At Get Simple Box, moves are broken down into 3 categories: local moving, region to region moving and long distance moving.
LOCAL MOVINGMove 10-50 miles across Town
We make it easy
REGION-TO-REGION MOVEMove 50-250 miles across Regions
You Control the Schedule
LONG-DISTANCE MOVINGMove 250+ miles across States
We do the Driving for You
Secure & Weatherproof
Long-term Storage Options
Moving can be overwhelming.
3. When is the best time to move to Arizona?
Moving across states can be done during any season. We generally recommend a spring/fall move when trucks are more readily available and the temperatures are cooler. July and August are typically very busy months with school starting up and Monsoons that occur at times. Because of this, these two months are generally a more difficult season to move in.
4. City Spotlight:
When you think of Arizona, you likely think of the capital, Phoenix. However Arizona’s beauty transcends to numerous cities.
- Phoenix. The state’s capital for all the fun reasons – large size, plenty of things to do, especially for the ultimate sports fan with 4 professional sports teams.
- Tucson. Mountain views. Cleaner air quality. Plenty of recreational activities from running, biking and even to rock climbing.
- Scottsdale. Milder winters. Better Public Schools. Numerous golf courses. Scottsdale is a place to call home.
- El Mirage. Home to our Simple Box location. We love El Mirage because it’s near the Sonoran Desert with affordable real estate. But what we really love about El Mirage is the community – it’s a friendly community that is a quiet, safe place to live and work.
- Buckeye. Fastest growing city in the country. Residents love Buckeye for its quaint nature and slightly lower housing prices. Looking for things to do in Buckeye? The Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce is a helpful resource for local business news and things to do in the area.
5. Fun things to do in Arizona.
Whether you are sports enthusiast, nature seeker or thrill finder, Arizona has something fun to offer for each interest.
- Attend a Game. Arizona is home to the Arizona Coyotes, Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns and Arizona Cardinals.There is a team for every kind of sports fan!
- Visit a National/State Park. Top of the list are Grand Canyon National Park, Petrified Forest National Park, breathtaking views of Sedona, Chiricahua National Park and Canyon de Chelly National Monument and Coconino National Forest.
- Go to the Arizona Science Center. We love this one because of the hands-on exhibits – there are more than 350!
- Visit Castles N Coaster. Rides, golf and arcade games – perfect for the ultimate roller coaster enthusiast.
6. A Prospective Future.
Arizona has its goals set in technology and innovation. “Arizona is projected to add 22,753 more technology jobs by 2030, a 20% growth rate, and one of the fastest in the nation.” 5 With advanced plans for growth, the future is bright for Arizona residents.
7. Some local resources for a more seamless move.
It’s no doubt that moving can be a dauntless task. We have compiled a list of local resources to help your transition become more seamless:
- Moving and Unpacking Help: Thumbs UP Moving Labor . They are careful, affordable, and they get the job done quickly. They have helped load and unload hundreds of our Moving Containers, and they always get great feedback. Currently, their services are available in Western Washington and Arizona. Visit: thumbsupmovers.com or call 360-631-3657 in WA or 623-640-4947 in AZ.
- Chamber of Commerce: Buckeye Chamber Of Commerce
You really can feel confident in your move across states.
It can be as simple as 1-2-3:
1. Schedule a Delivery
2. Pack at Your Own Pace
3. Enjoy a Simple Move
Are you moving to Arizona without a location already decided? You can move your belongings from your P.O.D.S.™ or UHaul™ truck into a Get Simple Box storage container until you have time to set up the rest of your move.
Have more questions about moving across states with portable storage? We can help! Call or text 602-926-2987.