We think a Simple Box container is one of the most helpful and convenient storage methods available. And since it’s such a Simple Box, there’s not much that could go wrong with it, right? Well, just like any piece of equipment, it’s important to keep safety and security in mind at all times.
Two of our long-term goals are to continue to provide fast and safe container delivery, and to continue to make a positive difference in the communities we serve. By observing the following 6 tips to Container Safety, your storage container will prove to be a helpful space for you and a welcome temporary addition to the community.
- Keep your container door locked at all times, even when you aren’t using it for storage. This will prevent accidental lock-ins and will also ensure that the contents of your container stay clean and dry in stormy weather.
- Speaking of locks… always use the lock-box and our favorite lock, the Master Lock 6850. This lock fits perfectly within the lock-box and helps prevent tampering. All of our new containers have built-in lock-boxes on them, but if you have a container without a lock-box we can easily add an after-market Insta lock-box for you, just call us at 360-354-2987.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- Never store things on top of the container. There should be plenty of room inside. This keeps the container and the surrounding area looking good and it protects from things falling off and harming people or property.
- Should your container ever become a target of vandalism or graffitti, get it cleaned up or repainted right away. This keeps the container looking good for the community and it shows would-be vandals that someone is watching and won’t tolerate destruction.
- Stack heavier items near the bottom, so they won’t tip over inside the container. We recommend building a wall of similar sized Boxes near the back of the container, and leaving a clear walkway down the center of the container. Consider using our Insta-container shelves for a quick and easy way to add shelves to your container and to make better use of the space. We recommend keeping heavier items on the ground and then placing medium-to-light items on those shelves.
- Have the container placed away from intersections or major walkways. This keeps lines of sight clear for pedestrians and oncoming traffic. Our skilled delivery drivers can help you choose the right place for your Box.
If you have any questions about keeping your container and the surrounding area safe, just give us a call at 360-354-2987, we’re here to help!